Sunday, August 23, 2009

simple and effective



We were in Seattle recently and stopped in at a local climbing/mountaineering store to check out what they had to offer. On my way out the door I spied a couple of variations on stretchy headbands, offered by prAna, and decided to snag two: a plain olive green one (much like what you see pictured above, except, you know, olive green) and a reversible one.

I promptly lost the reversible one, because I'm smart like that. However, the green one has barely left my sight since its purchase and I've since added a red one to my collection. (They come in several awesome colors, by the way.)

This headband is made of organic, lightweight, SUPER soft cotton and it is a pleasure to wear. I've had problems in the past with headgear that is either too tight or so loose it does not stay in place. Not so with this band: it stays neatly in place for as long as I want it to.

I already (immediately) knew it is awesome at holding my bangs back when I just don't want to deal with them. I hadn't yet realized how efficiently it catches perspiration until I did a little climbing last week without it and got sunscreen in my eye via a little profuse sweat action. Bleh!

Bonus points, they make a men's version too (in nicely muted colors). You can find them at our local toy store or, better yet, ATLiens can stop by our friends at High Country Outfitters to snag the highly attractive reversible version.

Grade: A+

No comments:

Post a Comment