Tuesday, June 23, 2009

who's your daddy??



Denise and I are very much alike in our cheapitude...which is to say, I'd rather buy something at a thrift store or dig it out of my poppins-esque closets and make it work than go nuts spending money on gear when I could be spending that money on food, plane tickets, and my house. For quite some time, I went for the $4 Wallyworld volleyball kneepad specials...and for just as long I complained about pain behind my knees where the pads always pinched. Then there were the perma-bruises and inevitable aches and pains after every trip, ensuring my absolutely stunning attractiveness in a swimsuit.

That is, until I met the Crawldaddies found at Inner Mountain Outfitters. Holy molé batman, worth every hard-earned penny and then some.

Finally a pad that stays put! Made from tough ballistic nylon, Crawldaddies are designed to withstand the harshest cave environments while staying exactly where they belong. The Gravel Guard keeps those pesky pebbles from creeping in the top, while a breathable neoprene backing and inner padding also insulate and provide flotation in stream crawls.

The comfort factor took about 3 trips to break in the knee-pads and then I was good as gold. The crawl-daddies are great for long and short crawls, vertical caving, banging into rocks as I boulder and climb breakdown piles, and anything else I've encountered underground. I'm extremely klutzy, and they hold up well to the many bangs and bashes I give my body. They stay in place, and I no longer feel that unfortunate pinching behind my knees. Plus, they have lots of surface area for those times you need extra friction on your side.

They work so well that I've seriously considered using them in my daily life (I often walk better on uneven ground than even, so you can imagine my typical day :-) Tell Nina at IMO that I sent you...you'll be so happy you upgraded!

PS. They also carry LongDaddies for those who want even more coverage!

No comments:

Post a Comment