Tuesday, January 5, 2010

cozy and warm



Most folks in the Southeast (and elsewhere) are experiencing record lows and brutal temperatures these days. I ran this morning and can tell you it's the kind of cold you feel deep within your bones; I was glad I didn't check the Weather Channel's site until after the run (to find out it was something like 18, feels like 8). BRRRR.

That said, I found a nifty little companion on a recent trip, and after this morning's run I think it's my civic duty to spread the word. Namely, I picked up a "Turtle Fur Neck Gaiter" in a tiny, wonderful outdoors shop in Dillon, CO, admittedly because it was orange and soft. Also because, as mentioned in many other posts, I have a tendency to get and stay cold and I'm always looking for new tricks. (Yes, I also have the tendency to adore products with really strange names.)

That little "neck gaiter" you see pictured above rocks. A lot. The warmest part of my body this morning, by far, was my neck. And it's sooooooo soft. So fabulously, non-irritatingly soft. My sensitive skin was not at all unhappy. And, bonus, this is a cheap accessory. I think we're all glad when we get some relief in the budget department, yah?


I like especially that it's relatively small and lightweight (2.1oz!), and something I can easily take off when I actually get too warm but don't want to shed a full layer. And did I mention how soffffft it is? yeaaah...... :-)

Their company website is about as goofy as their name. You can also use Google Shopping to find these.

4 comments:

  1. Combine it with a Capilene 3 baselayer and you're set!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I <3 you for posting this! I just started a search for this very thing after a walk in the woods in the snow. I was fairly warm...except my neck. Online shopping here I come!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Turtle Fur...not to be confused with Monkey Phur!http://www.mountainhardwear.com/Product.aspx?top=1828&cat=1843&prod=3703

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete