Monday, July 20, 2009

i've turned into a hipster



Ok, I've got a confession to make. Remember when I blogged about how much I loved my Chacos and how they had a tendency to clamp but I was still on the fence about taking them back because I loved the rest of them so much? Yeah, well. Pretty much the next day I decided I'd had enough of dead toes syndrome. So, I took them back (thank you REI for your generous return policy).

After my speedy return, I walked straightaway to the shoes to buy a pair of Hipthongs (what IS it with their naming conventions?) and have NOT looked back. They are everything I thought the Zongs could and should be.

I don't have any clamping problems, they slip on easily in the morning, and they have the great arch support that sold me on Chacos in the first place. I love them so much I considered wearing them to a cocktail affair on Friday evening--proper cocktail fashion won, but I missed them all night and thought several times about sneaking out to the car to switch out.

I'd probably sleep in them if that wouldn't be totally, utterly silly. (I bet I'd sleep better!!)

Rating: A+++++

Editor's Note: I would take a look at the Unaweeps if you're looking for water sports. Without a back, I don't know that they'd stay on! Just don't get the kind that wrap around your big toe...

4 comments:

  1. If I had some I would totally sleep in them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't even see my keens on their site, but they're horribly ugly but *so* comfy.

    When these die (or the dogs kill them) I'll give the Chacos a shot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have 2 pairs of toe-clamping chacos and agree they are a bit tough. Once they wear in though, they're awesome. Will have to look at the thongs though because they're super sweet.

    ReplyDelete